From:
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2012 19:18:09 -0500
From: "Kunda, Sue" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 08:49:48 -0800

Yes, I'd like to see more information about this as it's an issue I've
struggled with as an IR manager for some time now. When we deposit an
author's post-print into the IR we add a citation based on the
publisher's version, which goes against what I was taught. It seems to
me we should create a citation for the actual deposited version. If
the user then wants to cite the version in the IR as if they've read
the "version of record" that's up to them (although, personally, I
would contact the author for the version of record if I decided I was
going to cite the research in an article and didn't have access to the
journal).

Sue

Sue Kunda | Digital Scholarship Librarian | Assistant Professor
Oregon State University – Valley Library |121 The Valley Library |
Corvallis OR  97331
p: 541-737-7262 | [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>