From:
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2012 15:59:13 -0400
From: "Cerstvik Nolan, Anne" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 12:37:24 -0400

Hello,

I was wondering if there are other libraries out there who subscribe
to World Explorer Premium?  I have reviewed the license, and I am
curious to know how other institutions have handled the license
agreement.  The rule of law is the UK, and while the vendor has been
willing to make other requested changes, they would not accept my
request to strike rule of law.

This topic keeps coming up as we purchase more non-US materials, and I
am hoping that there are others out there who have some experience
with negotiating this type of issue.  I remember seeing something in
another license where the resulting rule of law was defined by
whomever files the complaint.  Of course, I cannot find that anywhere
now!  I would like to create something that we can use as a guide when
negotiating foreign licenses.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may provide.

Regards,

Anne Nolan
Anne Cerstvik Nolan, MLS
Electronic Resources Coordinator