From:
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2013 21:34:48 -0500
From: Sandy Thatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 17:47:26 -0600

I'd like to think that a good copyeditor would have caught the error
Joe brought to our attention, but David is right: this is not a
problem unique to OA publishing, and publishers--even prestigious
university presses--have indeed cut back on copyediting and
proofreading in recent years, some horrific examples of which I have
cited in book reviews I have written for Learned Publishing and the
Journal of Scholarly Publishing.

One of the worst cases I have come across recently concerned the "PA
Guide to Going Digital" published by the British Publishers