From:
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2012 16:53:30 -0400
From: Sandy Thatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 19:33:09 -0500

I wasn't talking about "selling" translations. If someone from another
country wants to translate an article covered by a CC-BY license and
post it on a web site that is itself not "commercial," the author
using this kind of license has no legal recourse to demand that the
translation, if poor, not be circulated in that way. That is a loss of
authorial control. Some authors, perhaps especially in the humanities
and social sciences, may be greatly concerned about having poor
translations of their articles circulated.

Sandy Thatcher