From:
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 2013 18:10:01 -0500
From: Deborah Lenares <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 11:22:42 -0500

Hello Liblicense friends,

We are negotiating a license for Campus Research though Westlaw Thomson Reuters.

They include the following in Schedule A for Educational Institutions

8. Subscriber’s Security Obligations. Subscriber agrees to provide its
own security to limit access to the Campus Research URL.  Subscriber
must design, configure and implement its own security configuration.

The way I read this we would not be able to put the URL to this
product in our (publicly accessible) catalog, or on any (publicly
accessible) library web pages, libguides, or in our (publicly
accessible) link resolver.

They have refused to remove or alter the wording.

I see two options:

1. not to renew; or,

2. renew and remove the URL for all of the above, and then cancel next
year because it has not been used.

Any thoughts?

Best,
Deborah Lenares

Manager Acquisitions and Resource Sharing
Science Collection Management Librarian
Clapp Library - Wellesley College
Wellesley, Massachusetts 02481