From:
Date:
Mon, 7 Nov 2016 20:00:11 -0500
From: Steve Oberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 14:17:24 +0000

Librarian reactions were requested…Quite honestly, this doesn’t rank
way up there in my list of concerns. I suppose the main reason for
that is that although users certainly can and do go to publisher sites
directly, it seems to me the majority access licensed resources via
article- or title-level links. In many years of e-resources
management, there has only been one time I encountered user confusion
about the situation you describe. All of this is highly anecdotal and
I’m sure that there _are_ users who might be confused about our level
of access as you described in your original email that I/we don’t hear
about. But again, it seems to not be a big deal overall.

There are “bigger fish to fry” in my personal view.

Steve

Steve Oberg
Assistant Professor of Library Science
Electronic Resources and Serials