From:
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2013 18:43:32 -0500
From: Laura Quilter <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 08:06:45 -0500

A university might "acknowledge" such a thing, but that's would
certainly not meet the requirements of the Copyright Act governing
transfers, which clearly require a written transfer from the author.

Nevertheless, I agree that any library seeing such a clause should strike it.

Laura Markstein Quilter / [log in to unmask]
Attorney, Geek, Militant Librarian, Teacher

Copyright and Information Policy Librarian
University of Massachusetts, Amherst

Lecturer, Simmons College, GSLIS