From:
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2012 21:49:16 -0400
From: Joseph Esposito <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 18:09:14 -0700

Dave,

I doubt I am alone among the publishing types on this list to wonder
why it has taken this long for this topic to come up.  I have never
seen an analysis of what you are calling noncompliance and will be
eager to learn more about this.  I will say, though, that this is only
partly a legal matter.  It's also a matter of organizational
effectiveness.  Bodies that make regulations may or may not be able to
oversee the implementation of those regulations.

Joe Esposito