From:
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2013 19:34:34 -0400
From: "Aaron, Amira" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 20:11:48 +0000

I’m curious as to whether anyone on this list has used or has seen
license language which you can point to regarding the inclusion of
rich metadata for leased or purchased content in the discovery system
of the library’s choice.  We need to ensure that our patrons have
access to all of our subscribed/owned content via our discovery
systems, and this lack of content neutrality is a growing problem as
the major vendors, especially those who sell both content and
discovery systems, do not thus far seem willing to cooperate or share
with each other.  It seems unwise to spend money for content that will
not be available for searching or discovery by our patrons.

Amira Aaron
Associate Dean for Scholarly Resources
Northeastern University Libraries
Boston, MA  02115