From:
Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 2016 22:21:18 -0400
From: Michael Chromey <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 14:39:24 -0400

Colleagues:

The Atlanta University Center (AUC) Robert W. Woodruff Library
supports the teaching, learning and research missions of four
institutions of higher education that comprise the world’s largest
consortium of HBCUs: Clark Atlanta University, the Interdenominational
Theological Center, Morehouse College and Spelman College.

We have a hosted open access institutional repository with bepress
(Digital Commons).

Currently, we are investigating two alternative metrics platforms that
will allow us to embed metric applications directly into the IR.  The
products under evaluation are Plum Analytics (now an EBSCO company)
and Altmetric (a Digital Science company).

We would love to hear feedback from colleagues regarding the following
three questions:

1.       Do you currently embed an alternative metrics API in your
institutional repository?

2.       What alternative metrics application do you utilize in your
institutional repository?

3.       If you do employ an alternative metrics application/API, what
platform do you use to host your institutional repository?

will be more than happy to share aggregated and anonymized results
with members of the listserv.

As always, thank you in advance for your time and cooperation in this
informal survey!

Michael Chromey
Department Head, Content & Collection Management
Robert W. Woodruff Library of the Atlanta University Center
111 James P. Brawley Drive, SW
Atlanta, GA  30314
Phone:  1-404-978-2007