From:
Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 2011 23:55:38 -0500
From: "Wise, Alicia (ELS-OXF)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 11:37:57 +0000

Hello everyone,

Just a quick note to let you know the 50th issue (!!) of the IFLA
Serials and Other Continuing Resources newsletter has just been
published.  It’s available on the IFLA website at:

http://www.ifla.org/en/publications/serials-and-other-continuing-resources-section-newsletter.

Ann Okerson has edited the SOCRS newsletter for a couple of years, and
so everyone on liblicense-l will understand the attention, care, and
time that has gone into it.  Ann, thank you from all of us in SOCRS!
It will no doubt take some time for us to follow gracefully in your
footsteps…

In the 50th issue of the SOCRS newsletter you will find a round-up of
some recent news items and a summary of events at this year’s IFLA’s
conference of special interest to the serials community.  It also
contains a look ahead to 2012.  We would particularly like to draw
your attention to our Preconference Satellite meeting to be held in
Kuopia, Finland on August 9-10, 2012.  This is organized in
cooperation with the IFLA Acquisition and Collection Development
Section. The theme is Global Policies, Imperatives and Solutions for
the Efficient Library Collection Management and Access to Less Used
Documents.  The call for papers is available online at:
http://www.nrl.fi/ifla2012/kuopiosatellite/

The SOCRS team welcomes all participants from the serials world
including librarians, publishers, aggregators, and subscription
agents.  Please do feel welcome to join in!  We have a website with
more information about our activities and contact details too.  This
is online at: http://www.ifla.org/en/serials-and-continuing-resources

With best wishes for a peaceful and relaxing holiday season,

Alicia

Dr Alicia Wise
Director of Universal Access
Elsevier I The Boulevard I Langford Lane I Kidlington I Oxford I OX5 1GB