From:
Date:
Wed, 18 Jan 2017 23:22:52 -0500
From: Alex Humphreys <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 21:39:03 +0000

Recently, JSTOR Labs released our Reimagining the Monograph project.
This project (http://labs.jstor.org/monograph) includes a quick video
overview, a prototype called Topicgraph
(http://labs.jstor.org/topicgraph) that uses topic modeling and data
visualization to help researchers better evaluate books before they
download them, and a white paper.  The JSTOR Labs team and I are eager
to share this work with the scholarly community.

We would be thrilled for any and all feedback you might have about the
project.  We are especially eager for any comments you might have on
the white paper, which is released as a draft for comment until Jan
31. You can download a copy of the white paper either from the JSTOR
Labs site directly (http://labs.jstor.org/monograph) or from
Humanities CORE (https://hcommons.org/deposits/item/hc:10367/) and
view some commentary on the paper over at Scholarly Kitchen
(https://scholarlykitchen.sspnet.org/2017/01/10/intellectual-craftsmanship-and-scholarly-engagement-jstors-ideas-for-redesigning-the-digital-monograph/#comment-163049).

I look forward to the discussion!

Collegially,
Alex
—
Alex Humphreys
Associate Vice President, JSTOR and Director, JSTOR Labs
twitter: @abhumphreys
email: [log in to unmask]
web: http://labs.jstor.org