From:
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2013 20:29:01 -0400
From: Kim Smilay <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 11:37:29 -0400

The CLOCKSS Archive is pleased to announce the participation of the American
Society for Microbiology; the Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental
Sciences; and Librello Publishing House.

Full announcements can be found at http://www.clockss.org/clockss/News
----

The American Society of Microbiology

“Ensuring uninterrupted access to our hundreds of scholarly ebooks and
our two new eperiodicals with CLOCKSS was a priority. I am pleased to be
working with this not-for-profit preservation effort,” said Christine
Charlip, Director of ASM Press.

The American Society for Microbiology is the world's largest scientific
society of individuals interested in the microbiological sciences.  The
mission of the American Society for Microbiology is to advance the
microbiological sciences as a vehicle for understanding life processes and
to apply and communicate this knowledge for the improvement of health and
environmental and economic well-being worldwide.  http://www.asm.org.

---

Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences

“We are happy to partner with CLOCKSS to preserve articles published by
our authors” said Dr. A. Sridhar, Executive Editor. “It complements our
desire to promote and publish research, and make it available to other
researchers around the world. By archiving in CLOCKSS we think we have taken
another step towards doing justice to our authors who trust us and publish
their scholarly articles in JEMDS.”

The Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences places emphasis
on the history of science.  As with any science, medical and dental sciences
are evolving and have a pattern. They pledge to bring their colleague’s work
to the attention of the world through their journal.  http://www.jemds.com

---

Librello Publishing House

“Librello Publishing House has created an innovative publishing
enterprise. Librello's novel model works on a membership basis to decouple
the payment from the publication” said Dr. José Monteiro, President. “On one
side, Librello can afford a stringent peer-review with no economic pressure,
and the authors also profit from the business model by being able to submit
multiple manuscripts by a single annual fee. Librello is seriously committed
to ethics in scientific publication via open access.  It is with great
pleasure that we associate ourselves with CLOCKSS and together with the
remaining partners guarantee a lifetime access to all Librello publications.
CLOCKSS is a very significant initiative that we are most happy to endorse.”

Librello Publishing House’s mission is to provide a new environment for
the publication of scientific articles with free and unlimited access to
readers.  http://www.librelloph.com

---
About CLOCKSS:

The CLOCKSS (Controlled LOCKSS) Archive is a not-for-profit joint venture
between the world's leading scholarly publishers and research libraries
whose mission is to build a sustainable, geographically distributed dark
archive with which to ensure the long-term survival of Web-based scholarly
publications for the benefit of the greater global research community.
http://www.clockss.org

Randy S. Kiefer, Executive Director
Kim Smilay, Director, Publisher Relations
The CLOCKSS Archive