From:
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 2015 20:00:35 -0400
From: Regoli, Michael <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 12:11 PM

Daniel, the “change log” (of updates to the code) shows this entry
under the version 7.0 release:

"Added Download tracking where certain mime types are defined as
downloads and HTTP status 206 is tracked as download continuation"

For more, see: http://www.awstats.org/docs/awstats_changelog.txt

Depending how deeply you wish to dive into this, you could take a
couple different approaches. First would be to not make “fast web
view” PDFs available for download (where chunks are requested, esp. on
mobile or tablets). Another approach would be to reduce/block/divert,
by using Apache rewrite directives, multiple header requests to a
special page.

Assuming mod_rewrite is enabled in your Apache configuration, an
example rewrite rule, to block/intercept multiple requests would be to
use the “RewriteCond %{HTTP:Range}” instruction.  Check out the Apache
docs (http://httpd.apache.org/docs/) for your version on how to
implement rewrite rules.

Good luck!

—Michael Regoli . [log in to unmask]