From:
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 2016 23:11:56 -0500
From: Heather Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 18:30:42 +0000

[posted to ALCTS-Colldv and LIBLICENSE-L]

Is anyone familiar with Intellus Learning (formerly Ace Learning)?
UAB’s Center for Teaching and Learning is planning to test this
platform with selected faculty at our campus, but is being tightlipped
about it.

From the website: Intellus Learning’s powerful discovery tool crawls
through existing content repositories, including licensed digital
assets, institutional resources, and Open Education Resources. We
create an index of every digital asset available (video, ebook, text,
audio, interactive, assignments) that can support teaching and
learning. Intellus Learning identifies and maps an institution’s
licensed and OER content: the first step in unlocking available
digital resources.

Other services include mapping crawled content to learning objectives
at the institutional, degree, and course levels and integrating with
learning management systems to deliver matched content. They also
provide analytics about student use of the content.

I have no idea how they handle licensing and copyright issues to
provide this service. I’d appreciate any additional information.

Heather Martin, MLIS, MA | Associate Professor
Acting Assistant Dean for Collection Management
Reference Librarian for Arts & Humanities
UAB Libraries | Mervyn H. Sterne Library
UAB | The University of Alabama at Birmingham
SL 157H | 1720 2nd Ave S| Birmingham, AL 35294-0014 (mail)
P: 205-934-6364 | [log in to unmask]

uab.edu