From:
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2013 19:06:14 -0500
From: Colin Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 22:25:23 +0000

Stevan perhaps doesn't realise that the horse has bolted over the
alleged hurdles in some parts of the world. Open access monographs are
increasingly prevalent in a number of forms. Relatively few authors
get any or significant royalties in Australia from academic monographs
and publishing in open access or hybrid open access presses is
growing. The Australian Research Council also has included monographs
in its 2013 policy, although the implications of this will not be felt
until current research is completed around 2016 /2017.  Best Colin

Colin Steele
Emeritus Fellow
College of Arts and Social Sciences
The Australian National University