From:
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 2016 19:26:35 -0500
From: Joseph Esposito <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 20:41:08 -0500

What do you imagine the prices of books will be under the regime
summarized here? Will book prices rise 400% to accommodate the
requirements? 1000%? More?

I think you may find it challenging to collect ILL data for ebooks
(print is another matter) if you insist on no DRM, as publishers may
elect not to sell books to libraries any more. The reason for this is
that ILL rights added to no DRM means that the total sale of a title
would be one copy. On the other hand, librarians may be stupid (which
I, for one, absolutely do not believe) and would continue to pay for
things that they can get for free.

The alternative to ILL is DDA, which can be made to work, provided
that the books are priced high enough.

Joe Esposito