From:
Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2012 16:04:34 -0500
From: Allan Scherlen <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 23:20:31 -0500

Speaking of the value of print journals I had an experience recently
that impressed upon me another value of the print version that I had
not considered.  I was preparing a presentation for a library
conference on an historical topic and found an illustration in a
journal from the mid-eighties that would be very illustrative for the
talk. The e-journal version of the illustration, however, was fuzzy
and almost unusable.  Luckily our library had not yet weeded the paper
duplicates of the title and I was able to get a clear scan.

Allan Scherlen

Sent from my iPad