From:
Date:
Sun, 17 Jan 2016 17:28:53 -0500
From: Steve Oberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 19:59:35 +0000

I wanted to send a note to thank all who replied to my inquiry,
offlist as well as via the list. It seems to me that a key determining
factor here is whether or not a retired faculty member has network
access. If so, most respondents seem to treat them as authorized
users. Another factor that a local colleague of mine brought up is
effect on FTE counts. In our case, for example, adding emeritus
faculty might tip us over into a higher FTE threshold even though the
total number of emeritus faculty is pretty small.

Thanks again.

Steve

Steve Oberg
Assistant Professor of Library Science