From:
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2013 20:50:24 -0400
From: "Oosman, Aalia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 09:00:11 +0000
Subject: On the Anniversary of Berlin Convention Taylor & Francis
waive Article Publication Charges

Taylor & Francis have announced that they are waiving Article
Publication Charges (APCs) for a number of journals from 21st October
until 20th November.   This decision celebrates two key events - the
10 year anniversary of one of the milestones in the Open Access
Movement, the Berlin Declaration, and Open Access week (October
21st-27th).  Papers submitted to selected titles from the start of
Open Access Week until the end of the Berlin Convention will be able
to publish on an Open Access basis free of charge.

This waiver in APCs will present authors with the opportunity to
experiment with OA publishing and in turn contribute to an increase in
Open Access (OA) submissions.

“We’re excited to celebrate OA week by extending our regional waiver
programme to all articles submitted to these titles. Authors will have
the chance to experience the service offered by our Open portfolio,
free of charge. We offer a suite of trusted, high quality outlets,
with all articles subjected to rigorous peer review standards by
independent Editorial teams.” Victoria Gardner, Open Access Publisher
at Taylor & Francis.

To see the full list of Routledge and Taylor & Francis Open journals
that will be waiving their fee visit:
http://explore.tandfonline.com/page/open-access-week-2013

There is a full programme of events planned for Open Access Week: as
part of the celebrations, Taylor & Francis will host a series of free
webinars to share the results of their Open Access survey that
elicited over 14,700 author responses. This will cover everything from
licences and peer review to the availability of funding and their
expectations of the future.  Registration for the free webinars will
be open shortly.

This is a significant time in the Open Access Movement; Taylor &
Francis recognise the benefits and opportunities in Open Access and
support the wide range of choices that Open Access presents to
publishers, societies, researchers and librarians.  Recent
developments at Taylor & Francis Group include the launch of Cogent OA
and the announcement by Routledge Books of a new Open Access
publishing service for humanities, social and behavioural sciences
book authors.  Information on the range of Open Access publishing
programmes at Taylor & Francis can be found here:
http://www.tandfonline.com/page/openaccess

About Taylor & Francis Group

Taylor & Francis Group partners with researchers, scholarly societies,
universities and libraries worldwide to bring knowledge to life.  As
one of the world’s leading publishers of scholarly journals, books,
ebooks and reference works our content spans all areas of Humanities,
Social Sciences, Behavioural Sciences, Science, and Technology and
Medicine. From our network of offices in Oxford, New York,
Philadelphia, Boca Raton, Boston, Melbourne, Singapore, Beijing,
Tokyo, Stockholm, New Delhi and Johannesburg, Taylor & Francis staff
provide local expertise and support to our editors, societies and
authors and tailored, efficient customer service to our library
colleagues.

For more information please contact:

Danny Lovatt, Senior Marketing Executive, Journals