From:
Date:
Mon, 25 May 2015 18:18:17 -0400
From: "Laughtin-Dunker, Kristin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 17:16:26 +0000

Interesting how Elsevier's idea of "fair for everybody" is to add more
restrictions by embargoing everyone, rather than move toward true open
access and lift embargoes that were in place simply because one's
institution had a mandate.

There are articles in my institution's repository that were previously
openly available because, at the time we posted them, no embargo was
required.  We're going to have to go in, identify, and embargo these
now.  That's hardly "fair".

Kristin Laughtin-Dunker, MLIS
Coordinator of Scholarly Communications & Electronic Resources
Leatherby Libraries
Chapman University
http://digitalcommons.chapman.edu