From:
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 2016 19:21:14 -0400
From:  [log in to unmask]
Date: Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 7:07 PM

Dear Colleagues

As you are well aware, researchers are increasingly using a variety of
platforms to access and share the literature and some of this usage is
hidden. The same article may be available from a variety of places:

·       Publisher’s platform

·       Social Network Sites such as Mendeley and Research Gate

·       Full text aggregator platforms such as EBSCO

·       Institutional Repositories

Information Power Ltd, working with COUNTER, has been commissioned to
undertake research into ‘Distributed Usage Logging’. This is a method
of reporting that would give a much more complete picture. It enables
publishers to provide reports of “total usage” regardless of where
that usage happens. Such reports could also provide information about
shares, tweets, and citations on Wikipedia, etc.

We would like to discover what such additional data would be useful to you.

We would be grateful for your help! Our survey asks some short
questions and takes no more than ten minutes to complete.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/K5HC8B3

Your responses will inform developments in this area of work and we
will share a summary of the survey findings via the COUNTER website.

Lorraine Estelle
Project COUNTER Director
http://www.projectcounter.org

Twitter:@ProjectCounter
Landline: 01962 866843
Mobile: 07480861995

COUNTER, 25 Egbert Road, Winchester, Hampshire SO23 7EB, United Kingdom