From:
Date:
Sun, 26 Feb 2017 12:02:22 -0500
From: "Wise, Alicia (ELS-OXF)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 16:39:02 +0000

Thanks for this, Rick -

It is never our intention to charge for material or rights that should
be free, however mistakes do occasionally happen and when they do we
are responsive and correct them.  Other publishers d0 the same, as
Robert Kiley from the Wellcome Trust has noted in his comment on the
blog (see https://disqus.com/by/disqus_bvM2syaWDt/).  He goes on to
add:  "With regard to the two specific examples relating to articles
published by Elsevier, I have spoken with Alicia Wise and we agreed
that the best way to make sure any administrative errors are dealt
with is to email [log in to unmask] (and feel free to cc
[log in to unmask]). This will ensure that any issues are
logged properly with them and can be rectified."

With best wishes,
Alicia

Dr Alicia Wise
Director of Access and Policy
Elsevier I The Boulevard I Langford Lane I Kidlington I Oxford I OX5 1GB
M: +44 (0) 7823 536 826 I E: [log in to unmask]
Twitter: @wisealic