From:
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 2017 21:50:06 -0500
From: Rick Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2017 04:51:57 +0000

> I am working on this with my pet project Liberate Science, so please
> let me know if you are interested in ensuring public access to the
> public domain. Libraries can play a major role in this.

This is a very worthy project, and you’re right that libraries can
(and should) play a major role in making access to public domain works
as freely available as possible, and encouraging their unrestricted
reuse. Unfortunately, far too many of us are instead doing just the
opposite:

http://lj.libraryjournal.com/2014/08/opinion/peer-to-peer-review/asserting-rights-we-dont-have-libraries-and-permission-to-publish-peer-to-peer-review/

---
Rick Anderson
Assoc. Dean for Collections & Scholarly Communication
Marriott Library, University of Utah
Desk: (801) 587-9989
Cell: (801) 721-1687