From:
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 2015 20:29:10 -0500
From: Mark Chesnek <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 08:55:31 -0500

Matthew Salter will join the American Physical Society (APS) senior
management team as publisher in January 2016 with responsibility for
the business aspects of the society’s journal operations.

"I am delighted to be joining APS as publisher and I look forward to
the opportunity of working with colleagues to grow and develop the APS
publishing program.  It is an honor to be part of the world's largest
physical society and to be associated with its prestigious journal
portfolio" Salter said.

Before moving to APS, Salter was Associate Director for journals in
the Asia-Pacific region based in the Tokyo office of IOP Publishing.
Prior to that, he was Asia-Pacific publisher at MacMillan Science
Communication, the parent company of Nature Publishing Group.

“Matthew will be working to ensure that our journals continue to excel
in serving the physics community," said APS Chief Executive Officer
Kate Kirby.

Salter received his Ph.D. in chemistry from Imperial College London
and has held research and teaching positions at Tohoku University in
Japan, King’s College London, and the University of Tokyo. He is a
native English speaker, fluent in Japanese, and also speaks Mandarin
Chinese and Korean.

http://www.aps.org/publications/apsnews/updates/publisher.cfm

Best,
Mark Chesnek