From:
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2017 22:25:30 -0400
From: Leslie Eager <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 14:40:23 -0400

For immediate release
June 5, 2017

ANNOUNCING MSP ON EUCLID, A PARTNERSHIP BETWEEN MSP, PROJECT EUCLID,
AND DUKE UNIVERSITY PRESS

Durham, NC—MSP (Mathematical Sciences Publishers), Project Euclid, and
Duke University Press have partnered to launch the "MSP on Euclid"
collection, bringing seven mathematics journals published by MSP
together with the strong functionality available through the Project
Euclid platform.

Dedicated to providing alternatives in math publishing, MSP, Project
Euclid, and Duke University Press are all not-for-profit and have
similarly sized programs. The goal of the "MSP on Euclid" collection
is to offer libraries new features as well as the option to
consolidate their platforms. "MSP on Euclid" includes the same seven
journals sold by MSP in their MSP package but now also hosted by
Project Euclid and sold by Duke University Press.

“Project Euclid is pleased to welcome seven of MSP’s distinguished
journals to our platform and to work with Duke University Press on
increasing their dissemination,” said Leslie Eager, Project Euclid’s
director of publishing services. “Our three organizations strive to
provide the mathematics community with truly excellent not-for-profit
publishing services, and we look forward to strengthening our impact
through this collaboration.”

“MSP is committed to finding new ways to make mathematics publishing
more sustainable and to bring our content to scholars around the
world. We hope this new collaboration will benefit researchers as well
as libraries,” said Rob Kirby, chief executive of MSP.

"MSP on Euclid" provides institutional subscribers with valuable
enhancements of the MSP package still available from MSP. Project
Euclid’s platform offers libraries a subscription management tool that
stores librarian contact and IP information. Institutional subscribers
gain COUNTER- and SUSHI-compliant usage statistics exclusively through
the platform. Single sign-on authentication through Shibboleth is also
available. Duke University Press provides institutions with all sales
services and customer support for the collection.

“Duke University Press has been publishing mathematics scholarship for
over 80 years. We hope that our experience in math sales and customer
support will bring MSP’s well-regarded, high-quality content to a
wider audience,” said Steve Cohn, director of Duke University Press.

For additional information and pricing for MSP on Euclid, visit
http://www.dukeupress.edu/Libraries.

###

About MSP (Mathematical Sciences Publishers)
Based in Berkeley, California, MSP is focused on developing services
and software for publishing (e.g., EditFlow) and on assisting and
creating top-level scientific research publications. It publishes more
than 17,000 pages per year and strives to offer the highest quality at
the lowest sustainable prices. For additional information, please
visit http://www.msp.org.

About Project Euclid
A platform jointly managed by Cornell University Library and Duke
University Press, Project Euclid seeks to provide powerful, low-cost
online hosting and publishing services for mathematics and statistics
scholarship worldwide. As a nonprofit community-driven international
partnership of academic libraries, independent and society scholarly
publishers, and scholars, Project Euclid actively supports broad,
sustainable access to this scholarship. For additional information,
please visit http://www.projecteuclid.org.

About Duke University Press
Duke University Press supports scholars in doing what they are
passionate about: learning, teaching, and improving the world. This
bold, progressive spirit drives both what and how the Press publishes.
Each year Duke University Press publishes about 120 new books, more
than 50 journals, and multiple digital collections that transform
current thinking and move fields forward. We thrive as a nonprofit
publisher because we adapt, innovate, and form strong global
partnerships. It is our mission to find, curate, enrich, and
disseminate scholarship that is vital to readers working at the
forefront of their fields in the humanities, social sciences, and
mathematics. For additional information, please visit
http://www.dukeupress.edu.

For more information, contact
Leslie Eager
Director of Publishing Services