From:
Date:
Sun, 5 Feb 2012 19:22:17 -0500
Moderator@[log in to unmask]
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 19:54:26 -0500

Following a number of questions since the migration of liblicense-l,
here is a review of the commands list members need to use, as well as
instructions about seeing the messages via an RSS feed, just
implemented.

I. RSS

(IF YOU DON'T USE RSS or know how it works, this would be a good time
either to skip this section, or to ask a local wizard to initiate you.
Essentially, RSS gives you a "live bookmark" on your browser that is
constantly updated with the subject lines of new messages from the
list -- and lets you read them by selecting as you like.  Some people
dislike this and others can't live without it.  We simply hope to make
liblicense-l available in as many ways as help our readers.

We have confirmed that these techniques work with Internet Explorer
and with Firefox; Safari has its own technique, which its users may
know already.  Chrome we are unsure of.

1.  Go to the new http://liblicense.crl.edu Web site, pull down the
menu for Discussion Forum and select "Discussion Forum Archives".

2.  On that page, in the lower right corner of the frame, is a small
orange boxlet with the letters RSS.  Click on that.  (If you do and
nothing happens, your browser isn't happy and you will have to find
another path.  As we said, IE and Firefox seem to be happy browsers.)

3.  This gives you a small window that lets you click on a link to
"Subscribe to this Feed".  Select that and make any further choices
presented to you.

With that you are done.

The *old* method of RSS for liblicense, which we implemented some
months ago, where you subscribed to the feed at the address
www.mmmmail.com/liblicense-rss.xml should also now be working again
after a hiatus.  If anyone using this method has difficulties now,
we'd be glad to hear of them.

2.  Standard commands review

First, digests:  A handful of people who took the digest version found
that the "digest" command didn't port to the new CRL site.  All those
who had made the digest setting now need to add it again.  The
instructions are easy:

Address message to:  [log in to unmask]

Subject line:  (always leave it blank for listserv commands)

In body of the message type:  set liblicense-l digest nomime

See below the rest of listserv's most commonly used commands, and if
you have any questions, please don't hesitate to write to this
address:  [log in to unmask]

****

* To subscribe to the liblicense discussion forum, send the following message in
the body of an e-mail (subject line blank) to:  [log in to unmask]:

subscribe liblicense-l

* To unsubscribe from the discussion forum, send the following message
in the body
of an e-mail (subject line blank) to: [log in to unmask] :

unsubscribe liblicense-l

*To postpone or suspend mails temporarily, send the following message
(subject line blank) in the body of an e-mail to:

set liblicense-l nomail

* To resume the messages after a postponement, send the following message in the
body of an e-mail (subject line blank) to: [log in to unmask]:

set liblicense-l mail

* To receive the messages in digest form, send the following message in the body
of an e-mail (subject line blank) to: [log in to unmask]:

set liblicense-l digest nomime

* The following is the URL for the Subscriber's Manual, for those who
want all the information about listserv:

http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/16.0/LISTSERV16.0_ListSubscribersManual.pdf

Thank you for your patience during our transition process.