From:
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2015 11:27:00 -0500
From: "Sowards, Steve" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 14:22:36 +0000

Ann, I found the following statements on my own library web pages (at
Michigan State):

From the regular Inter Library Loan FAQ (returnables):

"How long will it take to receive my ILL item? Items borrowed through
Uborrow may come in 2-3 business days.  MeLCat items may take between
4-7 business days.  Regular interlibrary loan items may take longer
depending on the location of the lending library." Uborrow is a CIC
consortial system. MelCat is the state lending consortium in Michigan.
Returnables usually have to be picked up in the main library.

For delivery of our own books to campus locations:

"Faculty/Staff Delivery Request: MSU faculty and staff members may
request that books be checked out to them and delivered to their
offices or branch libraries. ... Material will usually be delivered
within five business days."

From Remote Storage:

"Requested items are picked up every weekday (except University
holidays or days when the MSU Library is closed). Material requested
before 11am Monday-Friday will be available at the Main Library
Circulation Desk that same day by 5pm. Material requested after 11am
Monday-Friday will be available by 5pm the next open weekday. Material
requested on weekends, holidays, closed days, or after 11am Friday
will be available by 5pm Monday (or the next open weekday)."

--Steve

Steven Sowards
Associate Director for Collections
Michigan State University Libraries