From:
Date:
Sun, 14 Apr 2013 17:57:13 -0400
From: Joseph Esposito <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 08:53:52 -0400

I would be interested to know Heather's view of what the economics of
journal publishing would be were the payments to contributors to
change.  For example, let's suppose a reviewer received $500 per
article, each published article paid $1,000 to the authors
collectively, associate editors earned $25,000 a year, and editors
$100,000 and up.  How much lower would the prices of journals go?

Joe Esposito