From:
Date:
Sun, 2 Nov 2014 12:05:11 -0500
From: Shirley Ainsworth <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 12:06:18 -0600

I guess many will have heard that Nature Communications has been
transformed from a hybrid journal to fully OA from 20th October this
year.
However I must admit that I was somewhat surprised to find out that we
are expected to renew our subscription to the journal for 2015 , and
that the price is the same as for 2014.

How does this work?

Authors pay APCs from now on, libraries have to keep paying
subscriptions, and to boot the pre-October 2014 (subscription) journal
articles will never be free and will be subject to the dread Nature
post-cancellation policy that has been discussed at some length on
this list.

Anyone else perplexed by this?

Shirley

--