From:
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2013 19:22:17 -0500
From: James Jordan <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 19:53:09 -0500
Subject: Re: Palgrave Open (monographs)

Nor should they.  They should continue to support their local
university press, a non profit institution that publishes monographs
cost effectively, distributes them widely, and supports its
university's academic mission. The question is why a for profit
publisher should be supported to do so.

James D. Jordan
President and Director
Columbia University Press