From:
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 2015 21:49:03 -0500
From: JKVijayakumar <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 3:06 AM

Dear Colleagues,

Do any of you know about Libraries are adding Publisher’s offset
pricing models (subsidizing/adjusting the APCs for authors from
subscribing Institutions) to their Licenses. If you know, may I have
some sort of “licensing language” used for that?

I assume Publishers need to agree that they will inform our authors
when they submit manuscripts under Gold OA, that they are eligible for
subsidies or adjustments default. At the moment RSC and ACS have
subsidies in place internationally. Some STM Publishers are also
piloting with JISC and others.

Thanks

Dr. J. K. Vijayakumar
Manager, Library Collections & Information Services
King Abdullah University of Science & Technology
Building 12, Room 3111
Post Box 2164, Thuwal 23955-6900, Saudi Arabia.

T        +966 (0)12 808 3623
Web   http://libguides.kaust.edu.sa
http://library.kaust.edu.sa