From:
Date:
Sun, 25 Nov 2018 11:38:26 -0500
From: Taryn Resnick <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 19:18:20 +0000

The University of Wisconsin-Madison seeks an innovative,
collaborative, creative and dynamic individual to serve as an
Electronic Resources Management Librarian. Reporting to the Head of
Electronic Resources Management and working as part of a team, this
position will assist in the acquisition, management, and delivery of
electronic resources for the University of Wisconsin-Madison
Libraries. This is an exciting opportunity to grow professionally and
contribute to the success of an ARL library at a major research
university.

This position is responsible for providing support for management of
the e-resource life cycle and the discovery of and access to
electronic resources. Duties may include processing new orders for
electronic resources, assisting with licensing, aiding in the
management of electronic journal, e-book, streaming video, and
database subscriptions, activating online access for electronic
resources, trouble-shooting technical and subscription-related access
problems, and actively working and communicating with
vendors/publishers/library staff concerning electronic resources.

The Libraries at the University of Wisconsin-Madison are dedicated to
the practices of social justice, diversity, equality, and respect
among our staff, students, collections, and services. We strive to
overcome historical and divisive biases in our society and embrace
diverse points of view as assets to the fabric of our community. All
positions will be called on to contribute to building this
environment.

For complete information and to apply for this position, please click
on the following link: 96733-AS.
http://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/cw/en-us/job/499782/electronic-resources-management-librarian

POSITION SUMMARY:

[...]

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

The University of Wisconsin-Madison is long established as a
preeminent public research university. The impact and achievements
from the research, teaching and service conducted by its faculty,
staff and students are far-reaching and global in scope. The
University today is fully engaged in educational innovation.

The UW-Madison Libraries is one of the ten largest public university
library systems in the United States. The libraries on the campus of
UW-Madison reflect the breadth and comprehensiveness of the
University's highly ranked schools, colleges, departments, centers and
institutes and are a highly-valued partner in teaching, research and
learning at the university. Campus library collections are coordinated
through the leadership of the General Library System (GLS), which
provides technical infrastructure, support for acquisitions, and the
integration of campus library services. The GLS spends more than $11
million per year on collection materials of which approximately $9
million is spent on electronic resources.

CONTACT:

Melissa Ortiz
608-262-2799

All applications must be submitted through the UW-Madison Jobs at UW
site. A cover letter and resume are required. References will be
requested once the finalists are selected. Applications are due by
January 4, 2019. A criminal background check is also required.

Regards,

Taryn Resnick
Head, Electronic Resources Management
University of Wisconsin-Madison