From:
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2012 07:44:07 -0400
From: "Randy S. Kiefer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 16:24:50 -0400

The CLOCKSS Archive Is Pleased to Announce the Participation of Five
New Publishers in Its Digital Preservation Archive: Duke University
Press, NZCER Press, New Prairie Press, Mathematical Sciences
Publishers, and Copernicus Publications

**Duke University Press

Link: http://www.clockss.org/clockss/News#Duke

“We are excited to partner with the CLOCKSS Archive,” says Kim
Steinle, Library Relations Manager at Duke University Press. “We know
how important archiving is to libraries, and we are pleased to take
this step to guarantee the dissemination of our journal content into
the future. The preservation of our journals is an ongoing commitment
at Duke University Press; we want to safeguard access into perpetuity
in order to further the work of both our authors and our readers.”

About Duke University Press: The Press publishes primarily in the
humanities and social sciences and has a growing collection in
mathematics. It is an internationally recognized publisher known for
its willingness to take chances with nontraditional and
interdisciplinary publications. Duke University Press supports the
academic mission of Duke University by disseminating knowledge through
the publication of approximately 120 books annually and over 40
journals, as well as by offering five electronic collections. To learn
more, please visit http://www.dukeupress.edu

**NZCER Press

Link: http://www.clockss.org/clockss/News#NZCER

"With our offices and servers located in Wellington, which is built on
a highly active fault line, we are very aware that the chance of a
major earthquake or tsunami occurring is high here relative to most
parts of the world” said David Ellis, Publishing Manager. “It is
important to us to know that our educational research output and
journal archive is safely stored in multiple locations so that should
such a catastrophic event occur it would again be available to local
and international researchers and other communities of interest."

About NZCER Press: The Press is the publishing unit of the New Zealand
Council for Educational Research, New Zealand’s only national,
independent educational research organization. NZCER conducts research
and evaluation work with a range of public and private sector clients,
and we produce research-based products such as tests, journals and
books, and services such as online surveys and test marking.
http://www.nzcer.org.nz/nzcerpress

**New Prairie Press

Link: http://www.clockss.org/clockss/News#NewPrairie

“We believe the model represented by New Prairie Press is the future
of scholarly publishing, and as such, definitely worthy of
safeguarding by the best possible means. Partnering with CLOCKSS is a
step we're pleased to take as responsible stewards of the work so many
have invested in the Press' journals,” notes Lori A. Goetsch, Dean of
Libraries at Kansas State University, home of New Prairie Press.

About New Prairie Press: The Press was founded by Kansas State
University Libraries in 2007, joining a growing number of libraries
who are entering the world of open access publishing. New Prairie
adheres to the principles of open access publishing as articulated in
the Berlin, Budapest, and Bethesda declarations. In 2011, Provost
April Mason added her name to the Berlin declaration on behalf of
Kansas State University, adding the institution to an international
list of some 300 universities, libraries, scientific institutes, and
academic associations who pledge support to an open access paradigm.
http://newprairiepress.org

**Mathematical Sciences Publishers

Link: http://www.clockss.org/clockss/News#MathSci

“We are pleased to take advantage of this opportunity for long-term
preservation. Our authors deserve to have their original research,
including its published form, last longer than any single company or
journal,” said Alexandru Scorpan. “At MSP, we do our best to make
top-notch research available at a reasonable cost; our joining CLOCKSS
is our effort to make sure it remains available long into the future.”

About Mathematical Sciences Publishers: Mathematical Sciences
Publishers produces and distributes scientific and research literature
of the highest quality at the lowest reasonable cost, covering
mathematics and other selected fields. Their nonprofit mission is to
transform scientific publishing into an industry that helps rather
than hinders scholarly activity. http://msp.org/

**Copernicus Publications

Link: http://www.clockss.org/clockss/News#Copernicus

Martin Rasmussen, Managing Director of Copernicus Publications,
explains the main motivation for participation, “Long-term
preservation is one of the most important challenges. Since our
publications have become more or less online only, the role of the
traditional copyright libraries for printed issues is taken over by
reliable e-archives. Securing scientific literature beyond and
independent of the lifetime of a publishing house is a mutual
obligation.”

About Copernicus Publications: Copernicus Publications is a publisher
of high-quality literature in science since 1994 and an open access
publisher since 2001. They specialize in serving scientific
associations in publishing and distributing their journals and play a
leading role in the area of transparent Public Peer-Review.
http://publications.copernicus.org

*****

About CLOCKSS: The CLOCKSS (Controlled LOCKSS) Archive is a
not-for-profit joint venture between the world's leading scholarly
publishers and research libraries whose mission is to build a
sustainable, geographically distributed dark archive with which to
ensure the long-term survival of Web-based scholarly publications for
the benefit of the greater global research community.
http://www.clockss.org