From:
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2012 19:52:14 -0500
From: Sandy Thatcher <[log in to unmask]>
 Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 22:20:32 -0600

The restriction of the term "open access" to just schemes that permit
not only reading on screen but also downloading and printing would
rule out most of the book programs that use POD as a primary revenue
stream to support making available books for free use online at no
charge. Do you really want to deny usage of the term to such schemes?
You would then find it very difficult to encourage book publishers to
move in the direction of open access.

Sandy Thatcher