From:
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2012 17:09:57 -0400
From: Ken Masters <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 08:11:37 +0400

Hi All

For example, BMC Medical Education.  (I sold them rather short by
saying that they make "earlier drafts of papers
available"  In fact, in addition to earlier drafts, they give the full
publication history, including the reviewers' reports (and the
reviewers are identified by name)).

It strikes me as rather interesting that Elsevier is coming to the
party so late on something like this, and then still treading so
carefully that they are treating it as a pilot, and couching it in the
market-speech of "improving the article
value"  (hmm - the "added value" bandwagon - which means it will be
something else that they can list in order to justify and/or increase
their prices).

Regards

Ken

Dr. Ken Masters
Asst. Professor: Medical Informatics
Medical Education Unit
College of Medicine & Health Sciences
Sultan Qaboos University
Sultanate of Oman
E-i-C: The Internet Journal of Medical Education