From:
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 2015 22:34:47 -0400
From: Eric Hellman <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 14:59:43 -0400

Kevin points out a real problem with the Elsevier embargo policy: it
could be hard, even costly, for a repository manager to determine the
embargo period for a particular article.

There is a simple solution to this, however, one which I've advocated
in other contexts: the dated Creative Commons License:

http://go-to-hellman.blogspot.com/2013/07/proposal-dated-creative-commons-license.html

Eric Hellman
President, Free Ebook Foundation
http://www.ebookfoundation.org/