From:
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2013 18:08:24 -0500
From: <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 11:50:57 +0100

PRESS RELEASE

De Gruyter Expands North American Presence with New STM Hires

Berlin, 10 January 2013 –  With the start of the new year, De Gruyter
is expanding its editorial team in the US. Alexander N. Greene will
spearhead the ongoing development of the STM (Science, Technology,
Medicine) program area at the publisher's Boston offices.

In past years De Gruyter strengthened its humanities program in US,
hiring seven new employees. The US sales team was also expanded to
seven positions. Thanks to these new hires De Gruyter was able to
enhance its market share and improve its reputation in the American
academic community.

"The new editorial positions in Boston are part of the ongoing
strategic expansion of De Gruyter's international activities," says
Sven Fund, CEO of De Gruyter. "Our new colleagues in Boston will help
to elevate the profile of our company in the word's largest market for
academic publications."

Contact
Ulrike Lippe
Public Relations Manager

De Gruyter: The academic publishing house De Gruyter can look back on
a history spanning over 260 years. The Berlin-based group of companies
releases over 850 new titles each year in the fields of medicine, the
humanities, natural sciences, and law, in addition to more than 600
journals and digital media publications. www.degruyter.com