From:
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2013 22:19:10 -0400
From: "Gamboa, Camille" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 22:10:27 +0000

**Apologies for any cross posting**

Dear Colleagues,

Please see below details to enter a photo contest for a chance to win
a travel grant to the Charleston Conference 2014 or one of eleven
Amazon Gift Cards.

Deadline is September 20th.

Kind Regards,

Camille

From social media to events to campus-wide emails, librarians
regularly promote their libraries' services to patrons in exciting and
creative ways. Send us a photo from your favorite campaign or outreach
event for a chance to win a travel grant to the 2014 Charleston
Conference or one of eleven $50 Amazon gift cards. From now until
11:59pm, PST on September 20, 2013, we invite all academic librarians
in the U.S. and Canada to submit a photo that depicts anything you are
doing to market your library.

Click here for more information or to enter the contest: http://ow.ly/ohdYD

Contest Details:

What are we looking for?

- Images of exhibits from within your library
- Images of flyers created for your library
- Images of any other library-promoting material
- Images that illustrate what you are doing online or through social media
- Images taken at a special library-related event from inside or
outside your library
...And so much more (we welcome creativity!)

We DON'T expect you to be a professional photographer to submit -
smartphone/digital camera photos are encouraged.

*Prizes:*

1 first-place winner will receive a voucher for registration at the
2014 Charleston Conference as well as $500 for travel related expenses
to attend the 2013 Charleston Conference.

11 second-place winners will receive a $50 Amazon gift cards to
purchase book(s) of their choice.

All 12 winners will have their entry photographs featured in the 2013
Charleston Conference's photo-desk calendar which will be given to all
conference attendees.

The winners will be based on the following 3 criteria:

- Ability to illustrate how they market their library
- Creativity
- Quality of the photo entry

Best of Luck!

Camille Gamboa