From:
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2017 16:53:23 -0500
From: Anthony Watkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 10:18:40 +0000

As I have probably said before on this list, CIBER Research, for whom
I am principal consultant, are involved in a three year study of early
career researchers. I have interviewed in depth ECRs in the US and the
UK  in 2016 and (the same ones) in 2017 and I follow their Research
Gate profiles when they have one. I am half way through my 2017
scrutiny of what they put on Research Gate. Among the things that
surprise me has been the fact that the great majority of them do not
put full text up of most of their articles - just the titles requiring
contact. As I see it this change of policy may not make as much
difference as one might expect. Of course these ECRs are in highly
developed countries, but this does not make them any less keen on
establishing their reputation and recognition though they may assume
easy access.

Anthony