From:
Date:
Tue, 4 Oct 2016 16:54:04 -0400
From: "Jim O'Donnell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2016 12:47:29 -0400

If we need reminding that library patrons don't always see the role of
the library exactly as librarians do, this exchange will do the
reminding:

http://lists.eril-l.org/pipermail/eril-l-eril-l.org/2016-October/002736.html

The name "Sci-Hub" in a discussion tends to degrade the quality of the
discussion, but I'll pull back from this and say that the underlying
expectation is one that we should welcome.  Students assuming that a
source of high quality information to them is provided and mediated
through libraries is a brand strength we have to capitalize on.

Jim O'Donnell
ASU