From:
Date:
Sun, 20 Oct 2013 17:18:30 -0400
From: Joseph Esposito <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 09:35:48 -0400

This is truly very funny.  Why did Bohannon choose fake authors'
names?  He could have used names like Suber, Harnad, and Taylor, I
suppose.  It's a humorous sting.  It's a HUMOROUS sting.  And the
sting part has had practical outcomes, as journals are removed from
lists and publishers everywhere (and not just OA publishers) are
reviewing their internal systems to make sure the next sting misses
them.  I'm expecting someone to repeat the sting with traditional
publishers just to prove the point that it's not only OA publishers
that have editorial problems.  Be on your guard, and thank Bohannon
for that.  Kudos to him.  Shame on DOAJ for not simply saying the
truth:  We screwed up.  We will do better next time.

Joe Esposito