From:
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2012 19:17:14 -0400
From: Bonnie Zavon <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 11:04:56 -0700

STANFORD, CA, 30 April 2012 – The BMJ Group today announced the
renewal of their long-standing partnership with HighWire Press, the
premier hosting platform for scholarly publishers.

[http://highwire.stanford.edu/PR/BMJrenewsHW.pdf]

"In recent years, BMJ Group has developed a reputation for being one
of the most innovative and influential STM publishers," said Peter
Ashman, Publishing Director at the BMJ Group. "The re-launch of the
bmj.com and the successful expansion and development of our portfolio
of specialty titles is due in no small part to our partnership with
HighWire. The dedication, teamwork and management of our projects with
HighWire has been outstanding. We're very happy with our decision to
renew that partnership."

Tom Rump, HighWire's Managing Director, agrees: "Our job is to ensure
that the BMJ Group content, in conjunction with the most innovative
ePublishing platform, extends its visibility and discoverability into
the scholarly marketplace. HighWire's Open Platform is fulfilling its
promise to future-proof our customers as we move into the next
generation of scholarly publishing."

The co-development project between BMJ Group and HighWire has been a
model of the versatility of the HighWire Open Platform. "With teams in
both the UK and California, it’s been an extraordinary time for
bmj.com," said Ian Hopwood, IT Director at the BMJ Group. "We now sit
squarely in the driver's seat, managing the front end of our digital
portal via HighWire's Drupal modules, selecting what is displayed in
real-time from news to top articles. Absolutely key to this success
story is that HighWire's platform is extremely open and flexible, and
with it our ability to meet a whole host of future demands."

Complete story, and more news from HighWire: http://highwire.stanford.edu/news

Bonnie Zavon
Public Relations
HighWire | Stanford University