From:
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2012 18:35:51 -0400
From: Ken Masters <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 06:56:54 +0200

Hi All

Prof. Beall's list must be taken with a mountain of salt, as it is
fraught with problems.

For example, he makes it clear that he does NOT evaluate at the
journal level, only at publisher level.  How then, we should ask, does
he get to include independent journals on his list?  How then, does he
evaluate article quality?

On the moral side, in which he attempts to take the high ground, he
does not disclose that he is on the editorial board of a journal
published by Taylor & Francis.  He has very effectively used his blog,
Facebook, The Chronicle,  and, inadvertently, this list, to trash the
competition.

There are many other problems with his list, but far too numerous to
repeat on this list.

Regards

Ken

Dr. Ken Masters
Asst. Professor: Medical Informatics
Medical Education Unit
College of Medicine & Health Sciences
Sultan Qaboos University
Sultanate of Oman
E-i-C: The Internet Journal of Medical Education