From:
Date:
Tue, 8 Mar 2016 18:57:23 -0500
From: Eric Elmore <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 16:26:28 +0000

I think Sandy's brought up part of the problem - copyright is applied
to some very different forms of materials, and it's hard to find one
single "rule" which can adequately and reasonably cover so much
diverse ground.  The entertainment industry needs VERY different forms
of protection than the academic market.  The academic market has very
different needs in relation to sharing and exposure.  What makes
perfect sense for one cripples the other, and vice versa.

Eric Elmore
Electronic Resources Coordinator
The University of Texas at San Antonio
One UTSA Circle