From:
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2013 17:20:09 -0500
From: Sandy Thatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 20:04:05 -0600

I presume these comments here are limited to journal publishing. The
"value added" in academic book publishing, while perhaps not well
known except by authors who have experienced it first hand, is
substantial and far-reaching, as I tried to document for just one area
of scholarly publishing, acquisitions:

http://www.psupress.org/news/pdf/THEVAL~1.PDF.

Sandy Thatcher