From:
Date:
Sun, 5 Apr 2015 17:27:23 -0400
From: Bonnie Zavon <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 11:28:23 -0700

PRESS RELEASE
April 2nd, 2015

HighWire Launches Stackly

A collaboration and content collection toolset for researchers

(pdf: http://bit.ly/StacklyLaunch)

HighWire Press, Inc., the leading technology platform and strategic
partner to influential scholarly publishers and societies, is pleased
to announce the launch of its latest product, Stackly (Stackly.org), a
web-based toolset for content collection, organization, storage, and
peer-to-peer collaboration.

Stackly integrates seamlessly into publication sites, offering
publishers a proactive way to promote content and engage with the
research community. Stackly enables readers to build article
collections without leaving a publication site, increasing
productivity and providing new channels for collaboration.

"Stackly, our most recent example of innovation, increases the
strategic value we deliver to our customers," said Dan Filby,
HighWire's CEO. "Stackly is a powerful tool that allows publishers to
extend the reach of their content by creating an interactive community
around it."

Elin Reeves, Head of Publications at European Respiratory Society,
adds, "We see  Stackly as a new way for our readers and members to
engage with our content and keep track of articles they find to be key
in their daily working lives."

"Stackly is a new frontier for publishers to engage users," said John
Sack, HighWire's Founding Director. "Editors can now create lists of
articles on-the-fly - and even include non-article web pages - that
they want to highlight. This is just the start of what Stackly can
do."

Patty Baskin, Executive Editor at Neurology® Journals, elaborates on
Stackly's benefits to publishers, "This feature creates an opportunity
for publishers to increase discoverability, improve engagement with
our web sites, and even monetize content by providing special issues
to targeted audiences."

View Stackly integrations on the following HighWire-hosted journals
(look for Stack this buttons on articles and My Stacks from the
navigation menu):

American Academy of Neurology
- Neurology - http://www.neurology.org
- Neurology: Clinical Practice - http://cp.neurology.org
- Neurology: Neuroimmunology and Neuroinflammation - http://nn.neurology.org

American Society of Plant Biologists
- The Plant Cell - http://www.plantphysiol.org
- Plant Physiology - http://www.plantcell.org

European Respiratory Society
- European Respiratory Journal - http://erj.ersjournals.com
- European Respiratory Review - http://err.ersjournals.com
- Breathe - http://breathe.ersjournals.com

Royal College of General Practitioners
- British Journal of General Practitioners - http://bjgp.org

For more information or publisher integration inquiries, contact:
Laryssa Polika, Associate Director of Marketing

About Stackly

Stackly makes collecting and organizing digital content, and
collaborating with peers easy. This intuitive web-based toolset, which
can be used on its own or easily integrated into publication sites,
provides publishers with a unique way to promote content and
researchers, students, and clinicians with a tool to collect,
discover, and organize digital and web-based content. Stackly.org |
Twitter: @Stackly_org

About HighWire

Celebrating 20 years of service, HighWire provides technology
solutions to influential publishing organizations that produce
high-impact journals, books, and other scholarly materials. HighWire
offers digital content development and hosting services using
innovative open platform technologies, a customizable peer-review
manuscript submission system, strategic consultation services, and
collegial community networking opportunities. www.highwire.org |
Twitter: @highwirepress

# # #