From:
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 2013 19:32:32 -0400
From: David Prosser <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 10:20:52 +0100

I'm afraid that Joe has rather missed the point.  Of course all
businesses need to look at their revenues streams.  And of course,
although this point is sometimes ignored, most 'subscription' journals
have existed on a mixture of revenue streams for many, many decades
(albeit with subscriptions often being the major revenue component).

The question is not whether publishers need to look at granularity
when writing their business plans - of course they do.  It was whether
or not when talking about different types of OA we need a rainbow of
colours to describe the different business models.  I think no, others
disagree.

David