From:
Date:
Mon, 13 Jul 2015 20:06:00 -0400
From: Eric Hellman <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 1:09 PM

With the help of the Library Freedom Project and a number of people on
email lists focused on library privacy, I've drafted a "Library
Digital Privacy Pledge" focused on getting the community to
universally implement HTTPS in our web services. I hope that everyone
with responsibility for providing library services on the web,
including publishers, systems vendors, librarians and scholars, will
take the opportunity to review the draft before it is finalized. Once
that is done, I will be asking you all to consider endorsing the
pledge, and more importantly, begin taking this important step towards
providing digital privacy for library patrons.

Blog post at http://go-to-hellman.blogspot.com/2015/07/the-library-digital-privacy-pledge.html

Comment on the draft (for a limited time) at google docs:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LpV52oSefKhaKSGFcTPONKvXzZUxHbKaW8e6CHHREXk/edit#heading=h.cp4lbs34cfkf
(The link is also in the post)

Eric

Eric Hellman