From:
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 2013 19:03:01 -0400
From: Ann Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 13:37:00 -0700

IR All-Stars spotlights four individuals who have demonstrated a
unique and replicable approach to repository success.   Our goal with
this annual award is to provide the IR community with the knowledge to
emulate and build upon some of the most successful initiatives that
we’ve identified in the bepress Digital Commons community.  We want to
provide every IR manager with the means to become an IR All-Star, too.

To learn who the 2013 IR All-Stars are and what they’ve contributed to
the IR community, please
visithttp://blog.digitalcommons.bepress.com/2013/08/20/congratulations-to-the-2013-bepress-ir-all-stars/.

The idea originated with an event we co-hosted with SPARC at ACRL back
in 2011 – an IR Tailgate where Marilyn Billings (University of
Massachusetts, Amherst), Isaac Gilman (Pacific University), Marisa
Ramirez (California Polytechnic State University), and Paul Royster
(University of Nebraska-Lincoln) shared their accumulated IR wisdom
over the course of several sessions.  They were our very first IR
All-Stars, and we’ve since realized that having an annual award is a
great way to not only recognize the hard work and accomplishments of
people in the Digital Commons community, but to share their successes
so others can learn and build from them.

Nominations are made by members of the bepress Digital Commons
Consulting Services team.  With deep IR expertise and intimate
knowledge of the scholarly communications initiatives of their
clients, the consulting services team members nominated an extensive
list of candidates for consideration.

Selection Criteria:

1.       At least 3 years as an IR manager.

2.       A track record of vibrant repository collection growth and an
innovative and tireless approach to engaging faculty and others on
campus in order to support their scholarly communications needs.

3.       A demonstrated eagerness to share and teach others.

4.       A presentation, article, case study, or video that provides
specific guidelines and best practices for others to learn from and
copy the strategies that made an IR manager and IR All-Star.

Selecting the winners for 2013 was incredibly challenging.  All of the
nominees have successful and vibrant repositories built with strong
project management skills, a methodical approach, and hard work.
Frankly, we’ve never seen so many IR administrators making such a
strong impact on their campus in such a wide variety of important and
interesting ways!

Best regards,

Ann

--
Ann Taylor
Director of Outreach and Scholarly Communications